The Coag-Sense Prothrombin Time (PT)/INR Monitoring System is an in vitro diagnostic device that provides quantitative prothrombin time (PT) results, expressed in seconds and INR units. It uses fresh capillary whole blood. It is intended for use by health care professionals at the point of care to monitor patients who are on warfarin-type (coumarin) anticoagulation therapy. The device is not intended to be used for screening purposes. The Coag-Sense PT/INR System may be used for multiple-patient testing in a professional healthcare setting.
Features & Benefits
- Directly detects clot formation.
- Emulates WHO reference tilt-tube method using micromechanical means of clot detection.
- System not affected by low hemoglobin or hematocrit levels.
- Runs true plasma controls with the actual thromboplastin and plasma of known INR
- Barcoded test strips
- CPT Codes:
- 85610QW: Prothrombin Time (QW indicates a CLIA waived test)
- 99211- 99215: Evaluation and management (E&M) of established patient (as needed)