The LACTOFERRIN EZ VUE ® is an immunochromatographic test for the qualitative detection of elevated levels of lactoferrin, a marker for fecal leukocytes and an indicator of intestinal inflammation. The test can be used as an in vitro diagnostic aid to identify patients with an active inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and rule out those with active noninflammatory irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
IBD, which is a condition of chronic inflammation, consists of ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease. Both of these diseases result in elevated fecal lactoferrin. As a result, patients with these diseases test positive in the LACTOFERRIN EZ VUE ® test.
In patients with active IBS, the intestine appears normal upon endoscopic examination and there is no indication of inflammation. As a result, IBS patients test negative in the LACTOFERRIN EZ VUE ® test.
LACTOFERRIN EZ VUE:
- Simple-to-use lateral flow format
- Rapid screen to determine presence of intestinal inflammation
- Accurate measurement of both solid and liquid fecal samples using novel pipet design
- Proper test performance is indicated by the formation of a red line at the control side (C) of the Results Window.
- A positive result is indicated by the formation of a red line at the test side (T) of the Results Window.
• Diluent, 65 mL (Ready-to-use, contains phosphate-buffered saline, detergent
and 0.05% ProClin® 300)
Signal Word: Warning
H317:May cause an allergic skin reaction
P261, P272, P280, P302, P352, P333, P313, P321, P362, P363, P364, P501
• Membrane Cassettes, 25 (1 Membrane Cassette per pouch; each membrane is coated with anti-lactoferrin antibodies and contains antibodies conjugated to colloidal gold)
• Positive Control, 3.5 mL (phosphate-buffered saline containing purified human lactoferrin)
• Transfer pipettes, 25 (flared section = 50 µL)
• Disposable sample preparation devices, 25 (25 tubes and 25 filter tips)
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Simple procedure
- Results in 10 minutes or less
You may place order by giving us a call
|Catalog Number||Description||Units of Measurements|
|TL30353||LACTOFERRIN EZ VUE||25 Tests/Kit|
DOCUMENTATION AND VIDEOS
Brochure, package inserts and additional literature provided below:
INTESTINAL INFLAMMATION DIAGNOSTICS
Abdominal cramps, pain, and diarrhea are symptoms common to intestinal inflammation.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
Chronic intestinal inflammation causes a patient’s abdomen to ache all the time. One cause of inflammation is inflammatory bowel disease. IBD gets worse over time, and its severe symptoms affect the quality of life of people with the disease. The two most common inflammatory bowel diseases are ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
IBD is often confused with irritable bowel syndrome, which is a disorder that affects the colon’s muscle contractions. Intestinal inflammation is not a symptom of IBS, although abdominal pain may feel similar to the patient.
- Clostridium difficile infection (CDI)
A C. difficile infection can also cause intestinal inflammation. C. difficile is an infection that most commonly occurs in hospitals and other healthcare settings, like nursing homes. It spreads rapidly, and symptoms include watery diarrhea, fever, appetite loss, and abdominal pain and inflammation.
Lactoferrin is present in the stools of people with intestinal inflammation due to IBD and C. difficile infection.
Because many symptoms of IBS and IBD are similar, it is difficult to tell the two diseases apart. Lactoferrin testing can:
- A first step to help physicians rule out IBS
- Quickly identify likely IBD patients for further testing
- Non-invasively assess inflammation levels for patients already diagnosed with IBD